- 1. Should I activate my browser's 'cookies' to access Portal secured area?
- 2. Which screen resolution should I select to navigate and operate in the Portal secured area?
- 3. What should I do if I have lost my login and/or my password?
- 4. When I enter my login and password, I get an error message. What should I do?
- 5. I encounter any problems e.g. a sustained period of service down-time, inability to access some of the website pages... What should I do?
- 6. If the problems persist, and I have further questions...
1. Should I activate my browser's 'cookies' to access Portal secured area?
Steps to follow to ensure "cookies" compatibility:
Internet Explorer 8 & above:
1. Click on Tools and then choose Internet Options
2. Click on Privacy
3. Move the privacy setting slider to Medium
Safari 5.1 and later
1. From the Safari menu, select Preferences
2. In the Safari preferences window, click Privacy
3. To set your preferences for accepting cookies, next to Block cookies, select From third parties and advertisers
1. From the Tools menu, select Options
(If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible)
2. At the top of the window that appears, click Privacy
3. To modify settings, from the drop-down menu under History, select Use custom settings for history. Then enable or disable the settings by checking or unchecking the boxes next to each setting:
- To accept third-party cookies, check Accept third-party cookies. In the drop-down menu next to Keep until:, select the time period you wish to keep cookies on your computer
- To specify how the browser should clear the private data it stores, check Clear history when Firefox closes. Then, click Settings. You can specify the items to be cleared when you close Firefox
4. Click OK until you return to the Firefox window.
1. From the Chrome menu at the top right corner of the browser, select Settings
2. At the bottom of the page, click Show advanced settings
3. Under Privacy, select Content settings
4. Manage cookie settings by checking or unchecking the options beneath the Cookies heading
2. Which screen resolution should I select to navigate and operate in the Portal secured area?
Portal is optimised for a minimum screen resolution of 1024x768.
(NOTE: Windows Apps require a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768. The Apps Snap feature requires a minimum resolution of 1366 x 768. If you are using Windows 8 your screen will already be set to use the website)
1. Right-click the desktop (if in the Apps Snap view - click the Desktop icon to display the Desktop screen), and then click Properties.
2. Click Adjust screen resolution under the Appearance and Personalization category.
3. Use the Resolution drop-down menu to chose the desired resolution.
4. Click Apply, then select Keep Changes to save the changes.
1. Click on Start in the lower menu bar
2. In the displayed sub-menu select Control panel
3. Then click on the Display icon
4. In the new displayed window, select the Change display settings tab
5. In the Resolution heading, move the cursor in order to obtain a 1024x768 pixels resolution
6. Click on OK to validate your choice
According to your computer's resolution, these alterations may or may not be applied without re-starting your computer. For those people using another system, please contact your net administrator.
1. To change your monitor’s resolution Right-click the desktop, and then click Properties.
2. In the Display Properties dialog box, click the Settings tab.
3. Move the Screen resolution slider to the left to decrease the resolution of your monitor, making text and pictures appear larger. Or move the Screen resolution slider to the right to increase your monitor’s resolution, making text and pictures appear smaller.
4. Click Apply to have the new resolution take effect.
5. If the Monitor Settings dialog box appears, look at your display, click Yes.
6. Click OK.
Mac OS X
1. Click on the Apple logo in the upper-left corner of your display
2. Click System Preferences, then click Displays
3. Click Display if it is not already selected
4. Select a resolution from the list of available resolutions
Mac OS X immediately applies the new setting
If you have forgotten your password, please click on the login page link 'Want to retrieve your account details?'
If your access to the Portal has failed, please refer to the following table to find recommended actions:
|"Browser Error"||Your browser does not accept cookies. You must change your browser settings if you want to access Portals.||Refer to question 1|
|"HTTP Request Error"||You probably typed an unauthorized character (e.g.:< or >) in the URL.||Check you spelled correctly the URL|
|"Authentication Service Error"||An URL problem occurred.||If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly|
|"Login Error"||The login you entered is not recognized by the portal.||1. Check you type your login correctly
2. Refer to question 3
|"Password Error"||The password you entered is not recognized by the portal.||1. Check you type your password correctly
2. Refer to question 3
|"DOB Error"||The DOB you entered is not recognized by the portal.||1. Check you type your DOB correctly 2. If the problem persists, send correct details to email@example.com|
|"Account Locked"||Your account is locked.||Leave the screen in the existing mode for approx 5 minutes till the account is refreshed and login screen re-appears|
|"Password Expired"||Your password expired, you have to change it.||You can use the same password on the prompt of change your password as required by security system|
5. I encounter any problems e.g. a sustained period of service down-time, inability to access some of the website pages... What should I do?
You should clear your "Temporary Internet Cache". Your computer stores in its memory a number of images and data so it does not have to download them again from the network. This may be the reason why you have problems in receiving updated information.
How to clear the cache for your browser?
You can view the step by step instructions to clear the cache for various browers in the Clearing the Cache section.
6. If the problems persist, and I have further questions...
If you are unable to resolve the problem yourself, you can send your question preferably with a screenshot of the problem faced to the following eMail address: firstname.lastname@example.org